An Apple a Day Keeps the Art Police Away
I had someone ask me what the heck I mean when I refer to the “Art Police”. I simply answered that it’s that little voice in your head that tells you that something has to be perfect.
- the perfect colour mix
- the perfect brush stroke
- the perfect amount of shading
So in this video, you will learn how to create a visual prompt card. Before you ask, no it doesn’t have to be a card, you can paint this on anything that is paintable and there’s a bit of mixed media stuff going on, which always makes it fun and so unperfect!
But for the purpose of this post, I’m going to refer it to a card which can be used in a few ways
- create a prompt card for yourself and keep it in a photo box when you need a little bit of inspiration
- create a prompt card and give it to someone else to use as inspiration or as a challenge.
- adapt this design for an ATC (artist trading card)
- paint this design on a small back stapled canvas and display it in your kitchen
- create a journal spread based on the photo of the finished prompt card
The ideas are endless.
All the supplies I used can be found at the end of the video.
Head on over to my private Facebook group and share a photo of what you created!