Art mistakes…we’ve all done it.
Have you ever created something that you just didn’t like? On a canvas and you just wanted to throw it in the garbage, or in an art journal and you wanted to tear the page out?
My idea for this background didn’t turn out how I expected and I new this art mistake was sucking the creative energy out of me. As I was going through it, in my mind, I was seeing it as a failed experiment, but took the opportunity to keep pushing forward and the resulting background turned out so much better than my original idea.
Book of Background Type:
- Strathmore 400 Series Mixed Media Paper, Vellum finish (Windpower) – 11 x 14
Palette: DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
- Titanium White – DMFA39
- Quinacridone Violet – DMFA34
- Pyrrole Red – DMFA18
- Pyrrole Orange – DMFA21
- Dirarylide Yellow – DMFA11
- Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide – DMFA41
Prep and Mediums:
- DecoArt Americana Decou-Page
- Satin – DSDA114
- Paper – DS115
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium – DMM20
- DecoArt Americana Mixed Media Stencils:
- Tie-Dye – ASMM09
- Aztec – ASMM12
- Royal Aqualon, 1″, 3/4″, Wash – 2700
- Royal Aqualon, # 8 Round – 2250
- Royal Soft-Grip #8 Bristle Bright – SG1425
- Mr. Big Sweep Brush, 33 Series – 799
- Royal Brush Square Brush Basin – RD325
- Royal Essentials Palette Paper – RD358
- Royal Palette/Painting Knife – LG2
- No-Stick Mat (Currently I’m using the Unstick Arts and Craft Sheet)
- Mister Bottle Filled with Water
- Paper Towels
- Baby or Kitchen Wipes
- Printed Tissue Paper
- Old maps or anything that can be used to add subtle imagery in the background
How my Latest Art Mistake
Turned into a Beautiful Piece of Art
What would you do?
There isn’t any one way to handle art mistakes and I would love to call on you to share a recent art mistake that you’ve made and how you handled it. We’ve all made art mistakes, let’s help each other and share your thoughts below.