In the first background in the Book of Backgrounds 2016 series, you’ll create a background that is very simple, full of vibrant colour and has visual and physical texture.
With the Book of Backgrounds series, you can use these free art lessons to create backgrounds for an art journal, card making, canvas art, ATC (artist trading card), ICAD (index card a day), inchi, twinchie….anything.
Below, you’ll find a detailed supply list and a video showing exactly how I create the background that is so easy to do.
Book of Backgrounds Type:
- Anything that will accept acrylic paint. In the video, I’m using Terra Skin which is paper made from stone. (Mitzart.com)
Palette: DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
- Payne’s Grey – DMFA20
- Transparent Red Iron Oxide – DMFA41
- Quinacridone Violet – DMFA34
- Quinacridone Red – DMFA33
- Pyrrole Red – DMFA18
- Quinacridone Gold – DMFA32
- Diarylide Yellow – DMFA11
- Titanium White – DMFA39
- Royal Brush Soft-Grip – #8 Bristle Bright – SG1425
- Royal Brush Square Brush Basin – RD325
- Royal Brush Essentials Palette Paper – RD358
- Royal Brush Heart Shaped Brush Groomer (to clean brushes) – RD100
- Non-stick baking mat (halfway through the Book of Backgrounds, I start using the Unstick Reusuable Arts and Craft Sheet (Unstick.ca)
- Paper Towels
- Kitchen Wipes
- Wax Paper
- Heat Gun
What did you think?
Do some ideas come to mind how you can take this further and create art on your newly created background? let me know in the comments below.