I don’t know about you, but I love to flip through an interactive art journal.
Where I get to touch the texture, open envelopes, slide cards, tickets and tabs out and to flip some flaps. Nothing is boring with an interactive art journal.
In this video lesson, you’ll learn the basics on created a double sided spread with cohesive collage, stenciling and a flap.
Book of Background Type:
- Strathmore 400 Series Mixed Media Paper, Vellum finish (Windpower)
Palette: DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
- Titanium White – DMFA39
- Green Gold – DMFA14
- Sap Green – DMFA07
- Hansa Yellow Medium – DMFA50
- Ultramarine Blue – DMFA43
- Metallic Silver – DMFA48
Prep and Mediums:
- DecoArt Americana Decou-Page Napkin Medium – DS126
- DecoArt Americana Mixed Media Stencil: Dandelion – ASMM16
- Royal Aqualon, 1″, 3/4″, Wash – 2700
- Royal Aqualon, # 8 Round – 2250
- Royal Soft-Grip #8 Bristle Bright – SG1425
- Clear Choice Stencil Brushes
- 3/16″ (dome) – 1113
- 1/2″, 5/8″, 1/2″ (short flat) – 1112
- 3/16″ flat (long flat) – 1111
- Royal Brush Square Brush Basin – RD325
- Royal Essentials Palette Paper – RD358
- Royal Palette/Painting Knife – LG2
- No-Stick Mat (currently using the Unstick Reusable Arts and Craft Sheet)
- Mister Bottle Filled with Water
- Paper Towels
- Baby or Kitchen Wipes
- Floral Napkins
Flap Folded Over
What did you think?
Can you think of some ideas of other things to do with this type of background? What about if you had an accordion fold, or flaps on either side? What do you think? share your comments below.