Book of Backgrounds #5… yes, no, maybe?
What’s a girl to do when she’s created a really great background and there’s no audio for the video! Cry? maybe for 15 seconds, then move on and create another video.
For the “original design” you can refer to Book of Backgrounds #4 for an idea on the technique used.
In this video, looking at a file folder inspired this project. When I was done, found out that the Texture Glass medium manufactured by DecoArt was no longer available, which is a shame. But I just found out that they are working on a new product which is a heavy gloss gel…YEAH!!!!! I’ll update this post when it’s available.
In this Book of Backgrounds #5, you’ll find a detailed supply list and a video showing exactly how I create a background on a file folder including using up excess mediums so there is no waste.
Book of Backgrounds Surface:
- Strathmore Mixed Media Paper 400 series, Vellum 9×12
Palette: DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
- Cobalt Teal Hue – DMFA10
- Cerulean Blue – D<FA06
- Cobalt Turquoise – DMFA09
- Green Gold – DMFA14
- Titanium White – DMFA39
- DecoArt Media White Gesso – DMM18
- DecoArt Andy Skinner Stencils
- Accessories – Andy51
- Vogue – Andy78
- DecoArt Americana Classic Stencil – Jacobean Floral – ASC08
- Royal Soft-Grip, #8 Bristle Bright – SG1425
- Royal Aqualon 1″ Wash/Glaze – 2700
- Clear Choice Stencil Brush – 1/2″ – 1111
- Clear Choice Stencil Brush – 1/4″ – 1112
- DecoArt Brush and Stencil Cleaner – DMM13
- Royal Brush Square Brush Basin – RD325
- Royal Essentials Palette Paper – RD358
- Royal Palette/Painting Knife – LG2
- 1000+ Stain Remover AKA Winning Colours
- No-stick craft sheet*
- Mister Bottle Filled with Water
- Paper Towels
- Baby or Kitchen Wipes
- Bubble Wrap
- Old Book or Magazine Paper
*I’m now using the Unstick Reusable Arts and Craft Sheet for all my art projects.
What did you think?
Have you ever worked with a heavy gloss medium? I’d love it if you shared in the comments below.