This background is not one of my favourite book of backgrounds pages as it’s too simple, but it’s perfect for upcycling in the near future.
Technique covered will be working with transparent layers and basic collage.
In Book of Backgrounds #3, you’ll find a detailed supply list and a video showing exactly how I create a background that is so easy for you to follow.
- Terra Skin
Palette: DecoArt Media
- Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide – DMFA42
- Transparent Red Iron Oxide – DMFA41
- Orange – DMM05
- Purple – DMM07
- Primary Yellow – DMM03
- Turquoise – DMM09
- Yellow – DMM11
- Americana Decou-Page Antique Medium – DS121
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium – DMM20
DecoArt Americana Mixed Medie Stencil:
- Americana Mixed Media Stencil – Old Brick Wall – ASMM11
- Royal Brush Soft-Grip – #8 Bristle Bright – SG1425
- Royal Mr. Big Sweep, 33 Series – 799
- Royal Glue Brush – RD80
- DecoArt Texture Tools – DAS175-K
- Royal Rubber Triangular Comb – LW115
- Royal Brush Square Brush Basin – RD325
- Royal Essentials Palette Paper – RD358
- Royal Palette/Painting Knife – LG2
- No-Stick Mat
- Mister Bottle Filled with Water
- Paper Towels
- Baby or Kitchen Wipes
- Bubble Wrap
- Old Book or Magazine Paper
- Heat Gun
What did you think?
I have an idea how I’d like to re-purpose this background, what are some things that you can think of to upcycle this book of backgrounds page?