To collage old book paper takes a bit of extra work. You have to handle the paper carefully and make sure you apply enough collage medium.
In this video lesson, you will see what happens when you don’t apply enough collage medium as I don’t edit out my mistakes.
Book of Backgrounds Surface:
- Strathmore 400 Series Mixed Media Paper, Vellum finish (Windpower)
Palette: DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
- Cobalt Teal Hue – DMFA10
- Primary Magenta – DMFA29
- Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide – DMFA42
Prep and Mediums:
- DecoArt Media White Gesso – DMM18
- DecoArt Matte Medium – DMM20
- Americana Decou-Page – Paper – DS115
- Royal Aqualon, 1″, 3/4″, Wash – 2700
- Royal Soft-Grip #8 Bristle Bright – SG1425
- Royal Brush Square Brush Basin – RD325
- Royal Essentials Palette Paper – RD358
- Royal Palette/Painting Knife – LG2
- No-Stick Mat (I’m currently using the Unstick Arts and Craft Sheet)
- Mister Bottle Filled with Water
- Paper Towels
- Baby or Kitchen Wipes
- Book Paper or Old Newspaper (paper that has aged and yellowed is perfect)
- old credit card or piece of hard plastic
So you caught me!
We all make mistakes in art and that’s what makes it fun and how we learn from it. What’s one of your artsy faux paux that you’d like to share with us in the comments below?