When doing a crackle decoupage finish, sometimes things go a bit wonky and that’s the whole purpose of the book of backgrounds series… to experiment.
In this Book of Background video, you’ll learn how to create a simple crackled background using decou-page paper, fluid acrylics and one-step crackle.
How to Get a Crackle Decoupage Finish
- 140lb Mixed Media or Watercolour Paper (anything that will accept acrylic paint, that is sturdy)
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
- Translucent White – DMFA40
- Quinacridone Magenta – DMFA35
DecoArt Media Antiquing Creams
- English Red Oxide – DMM154
- Patina Green – DMM152
- Titanium White – DMM153
Prep and Mediums
- DecoArt Media White Gesso – DMM18
- DecoArt One Step Crackle – DS69
- Americana Decou-Page Paper Medium – DS115
- Americana Decou-Page Paper – Metallic Type – DP51
- 3/4″ Glaze Wash – R2700
- #6, 8, 10 & 12 Shader – R2150
- #8 Bristle Bright – SG1425
- Royal Brush Square Brush Basin – RD325
- Royal Painting Knife – LP9
- Unstick Reusable Arts and Crafts Sheet
- Mister Bottle Filled with Water
- Paper Towels
- Baby, Kitchen Wipes or Kitchen cloths (for dry rub application)
- Heat Gun
What did you think?
Do you use decou-page papers in your artwork? Share in the comments below.