Before we get on with Crazy Birds…have you ever been at your creative space, looking at a blank canvas with a similar blank look on your face.
Not sure what to make?
Well, that wasn’t me in this video tutorials.
Thanks to my friend Annie who sent me a bunch of Happy Mail for a swap, I created a special little extra piece for her using stuff she sent me.
I am so in love with Crazy Birds!
Because I’m using Happy Mail, you won’t be able to create the exact same thing, but raid your stash of “stuff” and make your own Crazy Bird mixed media piece. Even if you don’t have Crazy Birds…use whatever little curious animal that makes you smile.
Crazy Bird Meets Butterfly
Here’s What I Used:
Surface: 6x6 Back Stapled Canvas
Palette: DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
- Phthalo Green-Blue – DMFA24
- Phthalo Blue – DMFA23
- Ultramarine Blue – DMFA43
- Quinacridone Violet – DMFA34
- Napthol Red Light – DMFA19
- Diarylide Yellow – DMFA11
- Titanium White – DMFA39
Prep, Mediums and Finish
- DecoArt Media White Gesso – DMM18
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium – DMM20
- DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze – DMM16
- DecoArt Americana DuraClear Polyurethane Varnish – high gloss – DS128
- DecoArt Americana Premium Heavy Gel Medium – Gloss – DTA02
Stencil: Americana Mixed Media Stencil – Loopy – ASMM44
- Royal Soft-Grip – #8 Bristle Bright – SG1425
- Royal Aqualon: 1/2″ & 1″ Glaze – R2700, #4, 8 & 12 Shader – R2150, #4 Round – R2250
- water bucket
- paper towels/baby wipes for cleanup
- palette knife
Ready to Make This?
What did you think?
Have you ever made something kinda crazy with Happy Mail you’ve received? please share in the comments below or even better, post a picture!