Do you enjoy creating vintage art journaling pages?
I love, love, love creating vintage art journaling pages and even in my mixed media art, which makes this video lesson so flexible.
You an adapt this to almost anything. You will learn how to create a vintage art journaling page using collage, multiple transparent layers of paint, stenciling & vintage antiquing to make a colour rich, vintage styled background that feels like leather.
- back page from the magazine spread used in Book of Backgrounds #17
Palette: DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
- Titanium White – DMFA39
- Titanium Buff – DMFA38
- Hansa Yellow Light – DMFA16
- Hansa Yellow Medium – DMFA50
- Yellow Oxide – DMFA47
- Cadmium Orange Hue – DMFA15
- Cadmium Red Hue – DMFA04
- Green Gold – DMFA14
- Raw Umber – DMFA37
Prep and Mediums
- DecoArt Media White Gesso – DMM18
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium – DMM20
- printed tissue or paper scraps
- DecoArt Andy Skinner Mixed Media Stencils, Burning Rubber – Andy01
- 3/4″ & 1″ Wash Glaze – R2700
- #8 Round – R2250
- #8 Bristle Bright – SG1425
Royal Clear Choice
- 3/8″ short flat (orange handle) – 1112
- Royal Brush Square Brush Basin – RD325
- Royal Essentials Palette Paper – RD358
- Royal Palette/Painting Knife – LG2
- Royal 1″ Foam Brush – RFOMW-4
- No-Stick Mat (Currently using the Unstick Arts & Crafts Sheet)
- Mister Bottle Filled with Water
- Paper Towels
- Baby or Kitchen Wipes
- Kitchen cloths (for dry rub application)
- Heat Gun
- Cosmetic Sponge
- Wax Paper
Are you a fan of Vintage Art?
Do you enjoy creating vintage styled art? please share in the comments below.