DecoArt Media Mister sprays are one of the new product lines by DecoArt.
They product line has just a few colours, so in this video, I’m using red, yellow and blue to create a variety of greens for my mixed media art.
DecoArt Media Mister products can be combined with other colours to build a larger colour theme.
- can be layered for multi-dimensional effects
- semi-transparent to transparent
- permanent when dry
- water-based, soap and water cleanup
- can be dripped, brushed on or sprays
Although there is a Yellow Green mister, it’s always nice to know how to get even more colour mixes by knowing a few basics:
Here are the colours you’ll need to create regular green mixes:
- Primary Cyan Mister – DMM01
- Primary Yellow Mister – DMM03
- Red Mister – DMM06
To create shimmery greens, you can experiment with this colours:
- Turquoise Shimmer Mister – DMM09
- Yellow Shimmer Mister – DMM11
- Violet Shimmer Mister – DMM10
To really get different types of greens, mix a regular mister with a shimmer mister:
- Primary Cyan Mister – DMM01 + Primary Yellow Mister – DMM03 + Turquoise Shimmer Mister – DMM09
- Orange Mister – DMM05 + Violet Shimmer MIster – DMM10
- Primary Yellow Mister – DMM03 + Yellow Shimmer Mister – DMM11
- Primary Magenta Mister – DMM02 + Primary Yellow Mister – DMM03 + Yellow Shimmer Mister – DMM11
Experiment with tiny amounts to start, make up your swatch cards and write down what you’ve done so you have a record.
What do you use?
Do you use any spray products in your art? share in the comments below.