Have you ever been inspired by something so much you just had to paint it?
This artwork, although technically it’s a background, it could easily stand on it’s own was inspired by a sunrise and sunset. The glitter art rays of the sun weren’t created with typical glitter paint, but using Triple Thick varnish and Glamour Dust with a stencil. It gives just enough shimmer to be delicate, but vibrant enough to be sun rays.
Glitter Art and Paint Drips
Inspired by the previous evening and current morning colours of the sky
- Any type of surface that will accept acrylic paint.
- Substrates used in video is 140lb Strathmore Mixed Media paper.
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
- Hansa Yellow Light – DMFA16
- Diarylide Yellow – DMFA11
- Vermillion – DMFA45
- Quinacridone Burnt Orange – DMFA31
- Hansa Yellow Medium – DMFA50
Mediums and Specialty Products
- DecoArt Media White Gesso – DMM18
- DecoArt Americana Triple Thick Gloss Glaze – TG01
- DecoArt Glamour Dust – Crystal – DAS37
- DecoArt Americana Mixed Media Stencil – Radical Rays – ASMM42
- DecoArt Personally Yours – Urban Ink – Strength – PY427
- Application and Texture Tools – DAS221
- #8 Bristle Bright – SG1425
- 1″ Glaze Wash – R2700
- #12 Shader – R2150
- #8 Round – R2250
- #1 Script Liner – R2585
Royal Clear Choice
- 3/8″ White Bristle Stencil – 1111
- Royal Brush Square Brush Basin – RD325
- Royal Essentials Palette Paper – RD358
- Unstick Reusable Arts and Crafts Sheet
- Mister Bottle Filled with Water
- Paper Towels
- Baby Wipes, Kitchen Wipes or Kitchen cloths (for dry rub application)
- Heat Gun
What did you think?
Are you a glitter art type of person? Share in the comments below.