Every once in a while, I come across a creative who is just feeling down and going through self-doubt and an inspirational art journal background is what they need.
As a creative, I’ve had my share of this and there is nothing more “life-sucking” than self doubt.
If you’ve never heard of the term “RAK” which stands for “Random Act of Kindness” in the sense of this post, it would mean to send “something” to someone for no other reason than to be nice.
For this project, I’m creating an inspirational art journal background that only needs a focal point and some minor embellishments. The focal point could be a photo of the person or a photo of an inspiring scene, such as a sunset or even a puppy or kitten (who doesn’t like puppies or kittens). If you keep all the embellishments relatively flat, it would be easy and inexpensive to mail this to someone who could use a boost.
This inspirational art journal background features wildlife printed paper, urban ink tattoo inspired stencils and wax metallics.
Create an Inspirational Art Journal Background
- Anything that will accept acrylic paint that is sturdy.
Palette: DecoArt Metallic Lustre (wax metallics)
- Orange Flicker – ML08C
- Brilliant Turquoise – ML11C
- Black Shimmer – ML05C
Prep and Mediums
- DecoArt Media White Gesso – DMM18
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium – DMM20
- DecoArt Personally Yours Stencil, Urban Ink – Spirited – PYU26
- DecoArt Americana Decou-Page Paper, Safari Life – DP01
- 1″, & 3/4″ Glaze Wash – R2700
- #3 Round – R2250
- Royal Brush Square Brush Basin – RD325
- Royal Essentials Palette Paper – RD358
- Unstick Reusable Arts and Crafts Sheet
- Mister Bottle Filled with Water
- Paper Towels
- Baby Wipes, Kitchen Wipes or Kitchen cloths (for dry rub application)
- Heat Gun
- Palette Knife