How many quick art ideas can you come up with?
What do you classify as quick? a project in…
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- under an hour
- one day
If you find yourself with little time to create, but you have a strong desire to make something, give this project a try.
You’ll need about 30 minutes, so turn off your notifications so you’re not distracted by social media and put on your favourite music.
I was looking for a way to create an artist trading card/miniature art project in under 30 minutes using material I already had. I’m pretty sure I could have done it in about 15 minutes if I wasn’t filming.
Other than the vintage photo which can be found along with a ton of other free beautiful vintage photos at The Graphics Fairy. I had burlap trim, but could have easily used the burlap fabric used to protect my little Dwarf Alberta Spruce tree. Could have used old jeans, a t-shirt, heck, you can even use an old towel.
You must have buttons somewhere in your home? if not, how about some small stones or pebbles?
Don’t have the fabric trim, how about a piece of scrap paper, card stock or torn corrugated cardboard?
Don’t have a stencil, how about print a quote on paper and use that instead of the stencil and burlap?
See.. easy peezy! You can make so many variations of this project with just a few supplies.
Quick Art Idea to Make an
ATC with Burlap and Buttons
- Watercolour paper, card stock, cardboard or any heavy support, cut to your desired size.
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
- Titan Buff – DMFA38
- Raw Sienna – DMFA36
- Burnt Umber – DMFA03
- DecoArt Metallic Lustre: White Frost – ML16C
- Americana Acrylic Paint: Bleached Sand – DA257
- DecoArt SoSoft Fabric Paint
- Ultra White – DSS36
- Burnt Sienna – DSS41
- Lamp Black – DSS24
- Primary Blue – DSS42
- Fine Glitter: Gold Glitz – DSSG01
Prep and Mediums
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium – DMM20
- DecoArt Media White Gesso – DMM18
- Americana Decou-Page: Crystal Glitter – DS120
Tools and Accessories
- DecoArt Application and Texture Tools – DAS221
- Americana Dual Sided Pouncers – DABK19
- Americana Glass Stencil Daubers – DABK21
- DecoArt Personally Yours, Urban Ink Stencils: Beliefs – PYU25
- Americana Gloss Enamels Stick on Stencil: Mod – AGS219
- Royal Majestic Brushes
- 3/4″ Wash – R4700
- #10 & 12 Shader – R4150
- Royal Soft-Grip Brush
- #8 Bristle Bright – SG1425
- Clear Choice Stencil Brushes
- 1/4″, 3/16″ White Bristle Dome – 1113
- Vintage Angel Photo
- Cotton Lace Trim
- Fine Burlap Trim
- Note: feel free to substitute and use what you have
- Royal Brush Square Brush Basin – RD325
- Unstick Reusable Arts and Crafts Sheet
- Mister Bottle Filled with Water
- Paper Towels
- Baby, Kitchen Wipes or Kitchen cloths (for dry rub application)
- Heat Gun
- Hot Glue Gun
- DecoArt and Americana – DecoArt.com
- Royal Brush – RoyalBrush.com
- Unstick – Unstick.ca
- Vintage Photo from The Graphics Fairy
Depending on when you are reading this blog post, it’s always a good idea to check out the terms at any free resource site.
Ready to Make This?
What did you think?
What is the most unusual material you’ve used in an art project? Please share in the comments below.