I think it’s time for a random act of kindness challenge.
Do you know someone who isn’t feeling well, down on their luck or could use a pick-me-up?
What if you could do something for them that could bring a smile to their face?
It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money, you don’t need any special super powers to create this type of artwork and it can be done in under 30 minutes.
Are you up for the challenge?
Giving the Gift of Art is a Great Way to Make People Smile
Simply taking corrugated cardboard, buttons, a printed quote and punching it up with a grapevine heart and some cotton trim makes you want to touch everything on the card. You can create this any size you want, but as a random act of kindness to put in the mail, try to keep it lightweight for the most economical shipping rate. Using grapevine, plastic buttons and cardboard keeps things light, yet substantial.
You can create a bunch of these to use as miniature art, faces for greeting cards, make them a bit longer with a flat heart and use as a bookmark, make it 4x6 and use as a postcard.
Random Act of Kindness
Ideas Featuring Art
The idea is to create something totally random that the person would not expect to receive. Trust me, this is the most wonderful feeling in the world, just the idea that you made someone feel better, even if it’s just for a short period of time.
If you’re not sure what to make, here is a list of projects that will inspire you. Note: although many of these are Artist Trading Cards (because they are super fast to create), you can make them in any size.
- How to Boost your ATC’s with Butterflies and Microbeads
- DIY Wall Art Project: How to Turn a Photo into Mixed Media Wall Art
- How to Create Three Inspirational Artist Trading Cards with Metal Embellishments
- Here’s a Quick Art Idea to Make an ATC with Buttons and Burlap
- An Inspirational Artist Trading Card will Always Make Someone Smile
- Easy Art Cards / Mixed Media Playing Card with Blue Sea Glass and Corrugated Cardboard
- An Altered Playing Card Tutorial so You Can Create an Artist Trading Card Featuring What You Love
This Pink Grapevine Heart Miniature Art
in This Free Video Lesson
Here’s What You’ll Need
Ready to Make This?
I'm Looking for some more Random Act of Kindess Ideas
So the question I have for you is…What are some of your random act of kindness ideas?
Have you ever done this for someone before? Please share in the comments below.