Minimalistic Junk Art
BUILD UP A COLLECTION OF ART FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Read Before Signing Up
- For this swap, the theme is an “Minimalist Junk Art“.
- Since this is a junk swap, there is no size limitation.
- You can only 6 physical elements in your piece including the background.
- example #1: 1 background, 1 focal point, 4 other elements
- example #2: 1 background, 1 focal point, 3 buttons, 1 staple
- You can use cardboard, cutouts, gifted items, leftover bits and bobs, something that is:
- you don’t like
- not in style
- you’ve horded for a very long time
- or just have too much of
- You can use paint and collage as usual.
- Do not buy anything new to create this swap piece unless it’s paint or collage medium/glue
- You only need to create one swap piece.
- Make sure you write your name, swap theme and date on the back of your swap piece.
- The words “I’m not good enough” are not allowed in the decision of whether or not to participate.
- Many swappers include extra “happy mail” with their swap such as paper bits, tissue etc. Please note that this is not mandatory. Always have the expectation that you won’t get the same in return. The only obligation is the swap piece itself.
- IMPORTANT: Please create your swap piece first, THEN signup.
Join the Swap!
Create an art piece based on the theme described above, then join the swap.
- You will receive your swap partner details on June 30th
- The swap art must be mailed before: July 6th.
- You will receive swap art from the same person you are sending to.
- You are to email your swap partner when the swap art has been mailed.
- Before signing up, make sure you have read the section above.