BUILD UP A COLLECTION OF ART FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Read Before Signing Up
- For this swap, the theme is an “Starving Artist“.
- Size is 4″ x 4″
- Create an art piece using ONLY:
- three physical primary paints – blue, yellow and red. No white, no black or any other colours. You can only use blue, yellow and red, colour mixes of these three paints to paint your orange.
- you cannot use different types of blues, yellows and reds, meaning, you can’t use 4 different yellow paints. Only 1 tube/bottle of blue, 1 tube/bottle of yellow and 1 tube/bottle of red. What you choose for these tubes/bottle colours is up to you, but they must be blue, yellow and red.
- gesso is allowed only for priming, it cannot be mixed into the paint, but you can leave the background unpainted so it’s the gesso showing
- as your painting tool, a q-tip, popsicle stick, fingers etc. No brushes are to be used
- You are to create your own interpretation of an orange using this photo found on Pixabay.
- You can use cardboard, heavy watercolour paper, cardstock or even masonite for the base.
- You only need to create one swap piece.
- Make sure you write your name, swap theme and date on the back of your swap piece.
- The words “I’m not good enough” are not allowed in the decision of whether or not to participate.
- Many swappers include extra “happy mail” with their swap such as paper bits, tissue etc. Please note that this is not mandatory.
- IMPORTANT: Please create your swap piece first, THEN signup. This ensures I don’t have to keep creating extra pieces or relying on Angel swappers to make up extras.
Join the Swap!
Create an art piece based on the theme described above, then join the swap.
- You must sign up on or before August 23rd.
- You will receive your swap partner details the afternoon of August 24th
- The swap art must be mailed before: August 30th.
- You will receive swap art from the same person you are sending to.
- You are to email your swap partner when the swap art has been mailed.
- Before signing up, make sure you have read the section above.