“Where I am and where I want to be” is the theme in this travel art journal page for Book of Backgrounds #35. I will admit right up front, I don’t know if it was lack of sleep, but I had trouble with this page. I do not edit out mistakes so beginners can see how to fix them if it happens to them and there are a few in this one.
Another Version of the Same Concept.
In the end, it turned out pretty good. Collaging theme paper, then painting the paper is the main technique in the video. Painting upside down and tearing the paper is optional ?
Creating a Travel Art Journal Page
Book of Background Type:
- Anything that will accept acrylic paint.
Palette: DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
- Phthalo Blue – DMFA23
- Phthalo Green-Blue – DMFA24
- Translucent White – DMFA40
- Transparent Red Iron Oxide – DMFA41
- Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide – DMFA42
Mediums and Specialty Products
- DecoArt Media
- Modeling Paste – DMM21
- White Gesso – DMM18
- Black Gesso – DMM19
- Matte Medium – DMM20
- Americana Decou-Page Matte Medium – DS106
- Americana Decou-Page Paper – Olde Worlde – DP10
- Americana Mixed Media Stencil – Array of Arrows – ASMM27
- DecoArt Andy Skinner Stencil – Burning Rubber – Andy01
- 1/2″, 3/4″ & 1″ Glaze Wash – R2700
- #10 & 12 Shader – R2150
- Medium (green tip) – AQFLO-100
- Royal Brush Square Brush Basin – RD325
- Royal Painting Knife – LP9
- Unstick Reusable Arts and Crafts Sheet
- Mister Bottle Filled with Water
- Paper Towels
- Baby, Kitchen Wipes or Kitchen cloths (for dry rub application)
- Heat Gun
- Fine and Medium Sandpaper
- Wood Block (optional)
- DecoArt/Americana: DecoArt.com
- Royal Brush: RoyalBrush.com
- Unstick: Unstick.ca
What did you think?
If you were to create travel themed art, what part of the world would you like to feature? share in the comments below.