In this book of backgrounds lesson, learn how to create a vintage styled, metallic marbled background which can be used not only as a background for paper, canvas or wood, but can also be painted on 3d objects, such as a tray or vase.
How to Create a Vintage Styled, Metallic Marbled Background
Substrate: 140lb Watercolour Paper
- DecoArt Americana Premium: White Gesso – DATM07
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics:
- Ultramarine Blue – DMFA43
- Transparent Red Iron Oxide – DMFA41
- DecoArt Dazzling Metallics: Zinc – DA339
- wax paper
- paper towels
- water bottle
- palette knife
- palette paper
- flat brushes
What did you think?
Have you worked with metallic paint before? what’s your favourite brand or technique, anything unusual you’ve done with it, what’s worked and what hasn’t. Please share in the comments below.