What do you do when things go wrong with an image transfer?
I had to really contemplate whether or not to publish the blog and video…I mean, holy smokes, did I mess up. Such an important piece of history with HMCS Haida and I totally foobar’d the image transfer. Yes I could have made a photocopy, but it wouldn’t have felt the same. I wanted this to be a unique piece. You’ll hear it in my voice when I realize what I did wrong.
I’m not a perfect artist…nobody is, so what if you did the same thing? I’d like to take this time to show you what you do when things go wrong with an image transfer. I collaged the image of HMCS Haida, but I’m going to choose another image to create an image transfer with a slight “intentional” boo boo and how you can get around it.
When Things Go Wrong With an Image Transfer
- 140lb Mixed Media paper
Mediums and Specialty Products
- DecoArt Americana Decou-Page Photo Transfer Medium – DS112
- DecoArt Americana Decor Image Transfer Medium – ADM10
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium – DMM20
- DecoArt Media White Gesso – DMM18
- DecoArt Triple Thick Gloss Glaze – TG01
- DecoArt Application and Texture Tools – DAS221
- 1″, 1/2″ & 3/4″ Glaze Wash – R2700
- #8 Bristle Bright – SG1425
- Royal Brush Square Brush Basin – RD325
- Royal Essentials Palette Paper – RD358
- Unstick Reusable Arts and Crafts Sheet
- Mister Bottle Filled with Water
- Paper Towels
- Baby Wipes, Kitchen Wipes or Kitchen cloths (for dry rub application)
- Heat Gun
Let's be honest here...
What’s your biggest blunder when creating art? did you keep it, or make it into something else? Please share in the comments below.